Somehow between a combination or workouts, Zumba classes and working in the garden I managed to pull my groin. I know, super weird injury, if you’ve ever had it tell me so I don’t feel like such a freak. Anyways I took a week off with lots of ice, heat packs and rest and I’m much improved but still need to lay off the lower body exercises for at least another week.
So, if you ever end up with a lower body injury and need to do upper body work only you can do this workout. Enjoy!
The Warm up:
3 sets of 10 reps each of:
- Kneeling push ups or Box push ups (like kneeling but with your booty in the air.)
- Tricep Dips off a chair
- Standing Rows (Lean back against a door frame and pull yourself in)
- Sit Ups or crunches
The Work Out:
Pyramid sets starting at 10. So do 10 of each exercise, then 9 of everything… all the way down to the triumphant 1 of everything!Reverse Pull Ups (If you don’t have an equalizer regular pull-ups will work or the door frame ones from the warm up)
- Push ups (however your injury allows, knees, feet, box)
- Bicep curls (I curled my sandbag, just find something heavy)
- Side lying tricep dips right side
- Side lying tricep dips left side
- Overhead Press
- Sit Ups with feet up on a chair if possible
My Total time was 32:15! Let me know how it goes if you give it a shot!